Sofitel Chicago Water Tower
Designed by the French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, Sofitel Chicago Water Tower provides 4.5 star luxury accommodations in the heart of downtown Chicago near the city’s water tower. Within walking distance to prestigious Magnificent Mile shopping, fashionable Oak Street Beach, and restaurants, rides and exhibitions at Navy Pier, the location is ideal for both business and leisure travelers.
Café des Architectes offers refined, contemporary menu offerings with French inspiration. Surrounded by modern décor, honoring the downtown Chicago hotel, the lively atmosphere is complemented with vibrant colors, large banquettes and mood lighting. For people-watching and gathering with friends or family, Le Bar is the perfect retreat. One of Chicago’s premier nightlife destinations, Le Bar boasts floor-to-ceiling windows, plush seating and a unique stainless steel bar including hand-crafted cocktails, wine and light bar fare.
A dynamic standout among Chicago hotels
- Prime location near Oak Street shops, Navy Pier, and Michigan Avenue
- 32-floor prism of glass and steel, complementing the Chicago skyline
- Picture perfect window views boasting city or partial lake views
- Complimentary, 24 hour access to the fitness center for all hotel guests
- Pet-friendly luxury hotel
Stylish design and rich architectural heritage
Sofitel Chicago Water Tower boasts 415 rooms including 33 large and luxurious suites. Picture window views showcase the surrounding Gold Coast neighborhood including either partial views of beautiful Lake Michigan or the bustling city of Chicago.
Designer furnishings and large marble bathrooms ensure both a comfortable and stylish stay. Whether visiting Chicago for business or pleasure, guests will enjoy settling in to their spacious room, an escape in itself.
Only one phone call away; stay now to take advantage of the best rates
For an ideal location, luxury and comfort with a modern twist, book the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower hotel. Call us now to begin your Chicago experience!
Press, Accolades & Awards
- Located one block from the Magnificent Mile, the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower is the perfect getaway whether you are looking to shop on Michigan Avenue, stroll by the boutiques on Oak Street, or have fun at Navy Pier
- 30 - 35 minutes driving time (approximately 17.5 miles) from Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- 30 minutes driving time (approximately 14 miles) from Chicago Midway Airport
20 East Chestnut Street