Palmer House Hilton
The Palmer House Chicago has been the hotel of choice for every U.S. President since Ulysses S. Grant, dignitaries, celebrities and Chicago’s elite. A member of Historic Hotels of America (HHA), this 3.5 star luxury hotel in Chicago’s Loop District features a breathtaking two-story lobby with elaborate ceiling mural and ornate details. The Chicago Palmer House hotel is steps away from diverse, renowned attractions including Millennium Park, Art Institute of Chicago and the Magnificent Mile. From 2007 to 2009, the Palmer hotel Chicago underwent a $170 million dollar complete restoration and renovation, maintaining the hotel’s luxury landmark status. Known for many ‘firsts’, one of them being the brownie, which first debuted at the World’s Columbian Exposition of 1892, after Palmer House Hilton chefs invented it at the request of a special guest.
For the utmost relaxation, enjoy an array of premium services at Balance Spa and Fitness. Complementing the spa’s twelve treatment rooms is a fitness facility and an indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi. Guests and Chicagoans alike can find stores including Aldo, Crocs, Sketchers and Starbucks at The shops at The Palmer House Hilton in Chicago, on State, Monroe and Wabash Street surrounding the hotel.
With a French and Italian inspired menu, Lockwood Restaurant and Bar serves culinary masterpieces surrounded by romantic décor, a perfect place for an intimate gathering.
A historic downtown hotel infused with opulence
- Prominent landmark in Chicago’s Loop District, one block from Millennium Park
- Underwent a two-year $170 million restoration and renovation completed in 2009
- A Beaux-Arts member of Historic Hotels of America (HHA)
- Palmer House Executive Floor featuring exclusive additional services
- Hilton’s signature Serenity bedding
- Balance Spa and Fitness including an indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi
- 130,000 square feet of legendary meeting space
Architectural marvel in the heart of downtown Chicago
All 1,639 suites and rooms are decorated in a classic style with modern touches. Melt away in the plush Hilton Serenity Bed, and rest amidst gracious luxury and comfort.
Call now and experience true grandeur and timeless elegance
Check rates and availability at Palmer House Hilton Chicago and escape to a grand luxury retreat.
Press, Accolades & Awards
- Located a few blocks from Chicago's theater district, just down the street from the Sears Tower, and one block from Millenium and Grant Parks, Palmer House Hilton's Loop locale puts you right in the center of it all
- Complimentary City of Chicago trolley stops right by the hotel
- 35 - 40 minutes driving time (approximately 19 miles) from Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- 25 minutes driving time (approximately 12 miles) from Chicago Midway Airport
17 East Monroe Street