Uniting old-world elegance and sophisticated, contemporary design, the 4 star InterContinental hotel Chicago is comprised of two towering buildings, the Grand Tower and the Historic Tower. With a front entrance directly along the world-famous North Michigan Avenue, one of the most desired boulevards in all of downtown Chicago, this luxury hotel features easy access to exclusive shopping, renowned dining, theaters and museums, just beyond the hotel.
Heralded as a grand feat of engineering at the time that it was built in 1929, the Ornate Pool and its fourteenth floor location, was one of the highest indoor pools in the world. Frequented by Olympic gold-medalist, Johnny Weissmuller, the historic pool’s classic, romantic design is the perfect setting to do laps or simply relax and revel in the space’s architectural details. The InterContinental Chicago Spa features onsite massage therapists trained in many different massage styles and techniques guaranteed to help make any visit a more relaxing one. The Chicago InterContinental also boasts one of the city’s largest health and fitness centers, offering three levels of state-of-the-art equipment, dry saunas and personal training.
For fine dining in a relaxed, approachable atmosphere, savor steak house classics in Michael Jordan's Steak House. Dedicated to excellence in both service and culinary offerings, Michael Jordan's features only the best prime, dry-aged beef worthy of its prestigious address and legendary namesake. For lighter fare, sample carefully-selected wine options, chocolate and cheese at Eno. Time is valuable, especially in the morning; the convenient on-site Starbucks offers gourmet coffee, tea, and a variety of delicacies to help you get a head start.
Historic yet hip, refined yet comfortable, cultured yet casual
- Directly on the world-famous Magnificent Mile, minutes from Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach
- Blending old-world elegance and contemporary design in two distinct buildings
- Ornate junior-Olympic swimming pool, frequented by Johnny Weissmuller
- One of the largest health and fitness centers in Chicago, spanning three stories
- Michael Jordan's Steak House, featuring prime, dry-aged and hand-cut beef
- Over 44,000 square feet of event space
- Pet-friendly luxury hotel
Unparalleled luxury, where historic complements contemporary
Whatever your style, the InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile has a fit for you. Stay in the Grand Tower and enjoy contemporary Chicago design or stay in the Historic Tower and enjoy a more traditional Chicago experience. Whether opting for modern or historic, you will have exceptional city or lake views, modern technology and comfortable accommodations.
Escape to the Magnificent Mile; stay at the Chicago InterContinental
With a location just minutes from Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach, book the InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile!
Press, Accolades & Awards
- As the only hotel in downtown Chicago with a front entrance directly on the Magnificent Mile, InterContintental Chicago is surrounded by numerous shops, restaurants, and dining options
- Moments from the trolley, Navy Pier, Millennium Park, and numerous attractions
- 30 - 35 minutes driving time (approximately 18 miles) from Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- 30 minutes driving time (approximately 14 miles) from Chicago Midway Airport
505 North Michigan Avenue