Since its opening in 1920 by architect Ben Marshall, The Drake Chicago hotel upholds its reputation as a Chicago original, its unmatched history harmoniously woven in to the very fabric of this unique city. This legendary hotel boasts a former guest list that includes The Royal Family, Winston Churchill, Frank Sinatra, Hugh Hefner, Elizabeth Taylor and Judy Garland, just to name a few. This 4.5 star hotel overlooking Lake Michigan and the Magnificent Mile is located within Chicago’s Gold Coast neighborhood; many of the city’s most notable attractions are conveniently located just minutes away. The Drake Hotel was named to Travel + Leisure's 2011 T+L 500 list of top-rated hotels around the globe in January 2011. Inspiring more legendary acclaim than any other hotel in Chicago, The Drake hotel is guaranteed to provide an experience to remember.
The Drake hotel Chicago offers many diverse dining options. Whether looking for seafood, a martini or Afternoon Tea, the Drake has it.
At the Chicago Drake, hotel guests have complimentary access to the 3,000 square foot fitness center equipped with 14 state-of-the-art PRECOR endurance, strengthening and cardio machines. Guests can also arrange an in-room massage or spa service in the comfort of their room.
A lavish landmark overlooking Lake Michigan
- One block from the Magnificent Mile and two blocks from Oak Street Beach
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP)
- Host to royalty, celebrities and guests from around the world for decades
- Two Executive Floors including access to an Executive Lounge
- Coq d’Or is one of Chicago’s best loved bars
- Pet-friendly luxury hotel
Majestic meets old-world elegance
Spanning 10 floors, each of the 535 luxury suites and rooms feature modern amenities and classic design. Italian marble bathrooms and Hilton Serenity beds add to the comfort of the beautifully-designed rooms.
For even more luxury and exclusivity, stay on the Executive Floor of The Drake Chicago. Offering a member-only parlor, complimentary breakfast and a dedicated floor staff, the Executive Floor provides a memorable experience at this iconic luxury hotel.
Your quintessential Chicago experience
A superb location, classic elegance and a rich history are found at The Drake in downtown. For exclusive rates and reservations at the iconic Drake hotel Chicago, call us now!
Press, Accolades & Awards
- Located in downtown Chicago overlooking Lake Michigan and the Magnificent Mile, just two blocks from Oak Street Beach
- With North Michigan Avenue and East Lake Shore Drive binding the structure, The Drake Hotel is situated in an ideal Gold Coast location
- 30 - 35 minutes driving time (approximately 18 miles) from Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- 25 - 30 minutes driving time (approximately 12.5 miles) from Chicago Midway Airport
140 East Walton Place